Tuesday, January 12, 2010

"Z" is for Zucchini: Pan-Fried Zucchini Cakes (with Marinara Sauce)

I got todays recipe off the jar of All Natural Classico pasta sauce. The recipe's called Pan-Fried Zucchini Cakes (with Marinara Sauce). I only modified the recipe based on availability. I cut it in half because I only bought four zucchini and I didn't get as much out of the vegetable as I thought I would (I was expecting leftovers but once I dried them, I only had two cups!). The ingredients are as follows:

Green onion
Italian bread crumbs
eggs, lightly beaten
zucchini
Classico Marinara with plum tomatoes & olive oil pasta sauce
olive oil
flour

If you'd like to make it, follow the link I posted above which will direct you to Classico's website!

Ratings
Taste: 5 out of 5
Level of Difficulty: Easy

Photos of process
The batter.
Being fried.
Letting them cool.
Final product!